Sunday 3 February 2013

Ice Maiden

I have always admired Arley Berryhill's dolls and was fortunate to take a workshop with him a couple of years ago making the Candlestick Diva.  

On Arley's blog site he has a picture of his "Ice Queen" which I love.  I decided to make my own Ice Queen using the Candlestick Diva workshop as my base doll.  I found a great candlestick at a local thrift shop and I cleaned it up, painted it silver and gave it a coat of gloss.  The doll came together well as I have been gathering beaded trim for a while in anticipation of making a winter style doll. Once the Ice Queen was completed,  she demanded to be called the Ice Maiden and I complied (always easier not to argue with one's doll)!
The Ice Maiden herself. She is all cloth.
A close-up of her face (glass eyes and fake eyelashes)



I applied many beaded appliqués to the outfit for a "icy" effect.
A back view showing her fur collar complete with icicles!


The Ice Maiden wishes you all a long and cool winter!


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. At first I thought she was clay but then I took a closer look at the pictures and I see she is made of cloth. Absolutely beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mary Ann. Yes, I should have said that she is all cloth (except for her candlestick, of course, LOL).

    ReplyDelete

Ornaments Galore

  It is mid October and I have just finished making a gaggle of Christmas ornaments in preparation for the holidays: There are reindeers, pa...