Sunday 10 November 2013

Wizard of Oz

A very special lady asked me to make her a tribute to the "Wizard of Oz" as a teapot ensemble similar to my "Alice in Wonderland" teapot.  I was happy to oblige and I am very pleased with the final result.


I started with the idea of the teapot: I wanted a green teapot with the yellow brick road and the field of poppies featured. I made the top of the teapot as the poppy field using my embellisher, crocheted and felted poppies and embroidery.  On the back of the teapot was Emerald city of course:


Toto is featured trying to enter the door of the emerald city.  Notice that the handle is the rainbow (made of felt).  You cannot see it in the picture but there is a metal door to enter the city and behind the door is the US postage stamp issued of "Dorothy and Toto". Dorothy's friends are all featured as is one member of the Lollipop Guild:  This is a pattern from the Cheswick Company.


Here are some closeups of the tin man, lion and scarecrow (all adaptations of patterns).  The teapot is my original idea and pattern as is Dorothy's house that fell on the wicked witch of the east.


Overall, the piece is full of colour and whimsy.  The flowers around the yellow brick road are all hand crocheted.  It was so much fun to make!





Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ornaments Galore

  It is mid October and I have just finished making a gaggle of Christmas ornaments in preparation for the holidays: There are reindeers, pa...