Wednesday 28 May 2014

Purple Finch

I am on a bird kick and so I decided to make another art doll featuring a bird I love but have never seen except in pictures, the Purple Finch.

The Purple Finch is a pretty, little songbird that is the official state bird of New Hampshire.  It has a cranberry/purple hooded head with brown wings, a light underbelly and pinkish chest:


I decided to use Cindee Moyer's on-line class, Raven and adapt it to made a representation of this lovely wee finch.:


A close-up of the fascinator with brown feathers cascading down

I was very happy with the result.  I just had to make her very own wee finch in felt that is perched on her hand.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ornaments Galore

  It is mid October and I have just finished making a gaggle of Christmas ornaments in preparation for the holidays: There are reindeers, pa...