Wednesday 2 March 2016

Critter Alert

I have a new batch of wool sweaters as I took advantage of the end of winter sales at many of our local thrift stores.  This translates into more of my "wooly critters" as they are so much fun to make.

In honour of the Chinese Year of the Monkey, I designed some monkey sweater critters using a yellow and striped wool sweater:

 Monkeys like to stick together in a group so I made a baby monkey using a very soft cappuccino coloured sweater:

 I gave the baby monkey the traditional "red lips" to mimic the sock monkeys made with the red-toed work socks:

Finally, I made some wee puppies as I have none in stock and I had a perfect sweater that to me, suggested "puppies":



The puppies are very friendly and look forward to having friends join them.  Perhaps a grumpy cat or two will come out and play?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ornaments Galore

  It is mid October and I have just finished making a gaggle of Christmas ornaments in preparation for the holidays: There are reindeers, pa...