Monday 14 March 2016

Steampunk Crows

As I promised a while ago, I have finished two more steampunk crows.  This time I made them a touch larger as they stand about 12" when finished on their stands.

I used a lovely black Italian wool (given to me by a lovely lady) for their bodies and some gray with a black lace overlay for their wings.  I think they turned out great.  As always, I used the Frowning Francis pattern as a template (a great resource that you can find on Dealmakers Journey site).  I also added some embroidery on his body and tail using the feather stitch and the fly stitch in grass and dark blue.

The first crow, I named "A Balanced Life" after the song "Bird on a Wire" as sung by L. Cohen:


                   Like a bird on a wire,... I have tried, in my way, to be free"



The next crow I used the same fabric but I found a great old hole puncher that I used for his stand.  The arms of the hole punch look like bird legs.
Here is "Luck be a Lady":






The two crows bid you farewell and may luck be on your side in a balanced, happy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ornaments Galore

  It is mid October and I have just finished making a gaggle of Christmas ornaments in preparation for the holidays: There are reindeers, pa...