Sunday 7 October 2018

Happy Thanksgiving

Well it is Thanksgiving weekend and I have so much to be thankful for:

a loving husband and loving family
a great place to live and friends that share my passion for dolls
wonderful teachers who share their knowledge

Last weekend I spend a fantastic three days taking a Lavender and Lark workshop on picturesque Salt Spring Island with three good doll friends:



The scene was set and now for the workshop atmosphere, a house on a farm with horses, dogs and cats. Phoebe and her mom hosted eight of us and we created while having tea, coffee and yummy, yummy snacks from a local Salt Spring Island bakery. 

Phoebe provided all of the supplies including the vintage laces and hankies that we needed to complete our wee autumn fairies.  I was thrilled with the results.  In fact, all eight fairies were divine.  I foretell a lot more hand made finer fairies in my future.  Thanks to Phoebe from Lavender and Lark  for a fun and creative three days!

My completed fairy, I called her Ellette (means elf like)

the back showing the vintage hanky

She sits on her felted toadstool (we made them in class)
Here are the rest of the fairies:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Ornaments Galore

  It is mid October and I have just finished making a gaggle of Christmas ornaments in preparation for the holidays: There are reindeers, pa...