Wednesday 10 January 2018

Folk Art Dolls and Upcoming Doll Show

Well it is the start of a new year and I have fallen in love with making folk art dolls.  I found some great patterns on Etsy (Pixies Thimble by Cindy Conrad, and Sanker Studio by Brenda Sanker) and I went to town making animals.  They are all cloth, then gessoed and painted and antiqued with raw and burnt umber/coffee solution:



My Snow Bunny is made from a Brenda Sanker pattern

Mr Ollie, the carrot farmer, also made using a Brenda Sanker pattern



The remainder are from patterns by Cindy Conrad of Pixie's Thimble:
Frederick the Courting Froggie

Peanut and his friend Miss Emma

Miss Emma

Peanut
 All of these dolls and more will be in my upcoming solo show at the Coast Collective from January 31 to February 11 in Collwood (Victoria, BC). 



 I hope you come and visit if you are in the neighbourhood.


2 comments:

Ornaments Galore

  It is mid October and I have just finished making a gaggle of Christmas ornaments in preparation for the holidays: There are reindeers, pa...