I used an east indian pillow cover that was in shades of purple and I add some dark dyes. I kept some aside for appliqués on her head dress and sleeves. She is all cloth, a stump doll with doe suede for face and black doe suede for hands. I also gessoed the face before adding her features. I was very happy with the results.
I made her a paper "beak" mask that can be put over her face so that she looks more like a raven.
Here is the second version I made this time using a two tone sequin fabric for her body overlay:
This is the beginning of this particular face:
Here is her finished face:
See you all in a while. I am back making teddy bears for now!