Monday 7 July 2014

For my Mom

In just over a month I will be heading east to Toronto to visit my family.  I am very fortunate to be there for my mom's 84th birthday in September.  My mom last visited me here in Victoria a few years ago and she loved the flowers at the beautiful Butchart Gardens as well as the city of Victoria's lamp post flower hanging baskets.

I wanted to make her a wall hanging to celebrate her birthday and her visit here in Victoria.  I decided to make her a wall hanging designed by local artist Susan Teece.  The wall hanging is 16"x26".  It was very easy to do as all the flowers were made using fusible web and then ironed on the background fabric.  The quilting is done using free motion stitch with variegated thread.    I used my printer to print a couple of photos of my mom that were taken at the Butchart Gardens here in Victoria. On the back of the quilt I added a photo of the two of us.  The photos were printed on fabric using an inkjet printer (very easy).

I am sure she will love her gift.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Ornaments Galore

  It is mid October and I have just finished making a gaggle of Christmas ornaments in preparation for the holidays: There are reindeers, pa...