Sunday 6 October 2013

Pookie

Recently, I had a request to make "Pookie" the white bunny from the 1940's book by Ivy Wallace.  I had never heard of this little bunny so I looked him up on the web.  I found an image of the original book:
Pookie was so misunderstood at home as he was a white rabbit with blue eyes living in a family of brown rabbits with brown eyes.  On top of it all he has little "flimsy" wings that did not even allow him to fly.  So one day little Pookie set out to "find his fortune.  The book is for children aged 4-7 years old and tells of Pookie's adventures.  He learns to accept himself with the help and love of the woodcutter's daughter who takes him in and lets him sleep in her sewing basket.

Pookie was so much fun to design and make, with his blue pantaloons and little red shoes.  Here he is all finished:




Unfortunately, the book is not available except at a very high price.  I do hope someone publishes this children's story again.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ornaments Galore

  It is mid October and I have just finished making a gaggle of Christmas ornaments in preparation for the holidays: There are reindeers, pa...