Wednesday 23 December 2015

Snowflake Family

I was missing snow this holiday season (well in theory anyway) so I decided to make some felt snow people.  I dug out a pattern that I purchased a few years ago called "Snowflake" (available on etsy from Braidcraft) and I started.

As usual I had so many ideas for snow people that I made an entire snow family which I named the Snowflake family after the pattern that inspired these critters.

First I made wee Frosty:



I added a string of lights ( a Christmas necklace) that has an on/off button.  I added a wee bird on the top of his hat and a large snowflake (in honour of his family name).

Next I decided to make him a wee sister:  She is truer to the pattern with earmuffs and a sparkly pompom nose.  Both Frosty and his sister Snowblower has glass bead eyes and black beads for a smile.


The back of wee Snowflower showing the snowflake.
Now these snow kids need parents so Mr and Mrs Snowflake were born:

 It is hard to tell on my photo, but mom has a purple/mauve topcoat and green mitts while dad has a black hat and black mitts.  Both mom and dad have hand-knitted scarves.
Finally I added a Snow nonna (granny):

Nonna has a green knit hat with a velveteen red hat on top and a hand-knitted scarf that is red and green.

She has  twigs for arms and is holding an ornament. 

Here is the entire Snowflake family:


Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ornaments Galore

  It is mid October and I have just finished making a gaggle of Christmas ornaments in preparation for the holidays: There are reindeers, pa...