Tuesday 19 July 2016

My Little Cubbyhole II

The body for this little girl came together well.  I used a combination of ball joints and traditional joints to pose her in a seated position.  The legs and arms are made from the same cotton knit fabric as the face while the body is calico to prevent it from becoming too "fat" when stuffed firmly.  I used wool batting to stuff both the head and body as I wanted the doll to feel warm to the touch.  Also the wool packs well and is easier to needle sculpt than polyester stuffing.  It makes the doll heavier and for this piece, it works well.


I am pleased with how she is able to sit and her legs can pose as well as he arms.  I found a perfect pair of shoes for this little one in my "stash".  They are real children's shoes, size 2.

I was pondering hair as I want her to be a brunette and I found one wig that was made for her: medium brown with two pigtails and some loose ringlets to frame her sweet face.



Now she needs some clothes.  Back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ornaments Galore

  It is mid October and I have just finished making a gaggle of Christmas ornaments in preparation for the holidays: There are reindeers, pa...