Saturday 7 March 2020

Natural Connections Art Show

Natural Connections Art Show-CANCELLED due to virus

  • May 1-7, 2020 at ArtSea Gallery at the Tullista Park building in Sidney BC 
  • (10am to 7pm)
  • A group of seven of us will have our works for sale
  • There is a potter, a collage artist, a paper artist, a watercolour artist and a polymer clay artist and me of course as the figurative sculpture artist
Here is a steak preview of one of my creations that will be at the show:

I made her using Arley Berryhill's collage mermaid pattern.  The body was made using a woven white coloured fabric and then dyed using fabric paints. 

She is sitting on a candle stick which I weighted at the base with real shells, attaching them with celluclay.

The fabric is an embroidered silk with pearly buttons that I sewed on the inner tentacles.


 I enjoyed making Oceania, Octavia and hope she will be well received at the upcoming show.

I hope that if you live in the Greater Victoria Area on southern Vancouver Island, you will come and visit us this May.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ornaments Galore

  It is mid October and I have just finished making a gaggle of Christmas ornaments in preparation for the holidays: There are reindeers, pa...