Sunday 20 January 2013

My Little Sunshine



I made this doll a number of years ago as a challenge where we were given fat quarters and the theme of "party time".  It was just after the movie "Little Miss Sunshine" was out and as soon as I saw the bright orange fabrics, I decided that the doll would be called "My Little Sunshine".  She is an original design, all cloth with fine yarn hair.  Although I no longer own this little lady, she is still one of my favourites for she makes me smile every time I see her.

 As you can see she has just finished with her ballet lesson (shoes hanging from her bike) and now she is ready to party with her raggedy anne and andy dolls.  This doll was very well received as she evokes the joy of childhood innocence and play.  
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ornaments Galore

  It is mid October and I have just finished making a gaggle of Christmas ornaments in preparation for the holidays: There are reindeers, pa...