Friday 25 January 2013

The Show Girl

I am sharing some pictures of one of my favourite dolls that I called the Show Girl.  This doll was made a few years ago when our doll club was lucky enough to have Pam Grose come and teach her "Basic Lady" workshop.  As far as I know, Pam does not have a personal site but her patterns are available on many popular cloth doll patterns sites.

The Show Girl taking a break between Vegas shows.


A close-up of her costume. I used velvets, tulle and organza.
A close-up of her face.  I love the way she turned out. Her hair is made of yarn.


I knitted her beaded purse and added sequins.



The Show Girl hopes you enjoyed your visit.  Please come back soon!

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Your Show Girl is wonderful. Your are so lucky to have the opportunity to take a class with Pam! Of course your skills have made her way beyond the class

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look the other way for a few minutes next time I'm over. I just love love love this doll. She is just so beautiful. And look at you go with your posts. Yes!!! You're a good student... ;o~ Romona

    ReplyDelete
  3. simply stunning Maria... love your work.. hugs from Oz
    di from fabricaddictions.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your log Maria, amd your dolsare awesome. You are vert talented. I will visit your Blog often

    ReplyDelete

Ornaments Galore

  It is mid October and I have just finished making a gaggle of Christmas ornaments in preparation for the holidays: There are reindeers, pa...