Tuesday 7 May 2013

Christine Shively Doll

Our doll club was very fortunate to have doll maker Christine Shively teach "Dress Rehersal" and "Rainbow of Chaos" last fall.  Before taking her classes I decided to make one of her earlier patterns using paper collage.  In order to make the doll a little bit easier I enlarged the pattern by twenty percent.  I added paper flowers using pages from old books. I used crackle medium over the fabric body to give an "aged" appearance. I am very pleased with the result.







Here is the result of the two classes I took with Christine Shively, "Dress Rehersal" and "Rainbow of Chaos".  Christine is an excellent teacher who shares so many techniques and tips with her students.  Her face painting techniques produces beautiful faces every time!

"Dress Rehersal"  She showed us how to make the presentation box.

Rainbow of Chaos

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ornaments Galore

  It is mid October and I have just finished making a gaggle of Christmas ornaments in preparation for the holidays: There are reindeers, pa...