Friday 16 May 2014

Crow Mother

Continuing on the bird theme, I decided to make the ever mysterious crow.  A number of years ago, I was very fortunate to take the "Crow Mother" workshop with the wonderfully talented and fun Ute Vasina.  I have loved my Crow Mother and decided I would never part with her for she brings back memories of the fun times that I had in the workshop.

However, I have been asked so many times if I would sell my art doll, that I decided to make another Crow Mother.  Crows are highly intelligent creatures that live among us.  In mythology they have been symbols of the Supreme Being, and guides and messengers of the God(s).

I was very pleased with the result and it goes to show that Ute's designs are wonderfully written.  Here is my second Crow Mother that will be for sale in the fall.  She stands on her own at 13" tall and cradles her wee baby troll in her arms:


The baby troll she holds is all hand sculpted and brushed with artist chalks for colouring.  These babes are so much fun to make all on their own!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ornaments Galore

  It is mid October and I have just finished making a gaggle of Christmas ornaments in preparation for the holidays: There are reindeers, pa...