Thursday 10 August 2017

Frida - Spread Your Wings

I am thrilled that I was accepted in the Summer/Fall 2017 issue of Art Doll Quarterly for my "I Am Woman" art doll, Frida Kahlo! 

 I love this magazine as it is dedicated to art dolls made by international artists in all media.  It is an honour to be published and to be able to share my art dolls with my peers and all art doll enthusiasts.  Art Doll Quarterly is available in all major book stores such as Chapters/Indigo.  

I would encourage anyone that loves to see the art doll format to either subscribe to the magazine (e-magazine subscriptions are available as well) or pick up a hard copy in your favourite book/magazine store.  You will not be disappointed and you will be supporting doll artists everywhere!








I am proud (and a little sad) to say that Frida is now in the home of a doll collector.  Frida was shown at the 2017 Sooke Fine Art Festival in Sooke, BC and she was snatched up during the first day of the show.  It was very rewarding to learn that collectors love my work enough to purchase my art dolls for their own home.  Thanks so much to the Sooke Fine Art Show and to Art Doll Quarterly for featuring my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ornaments Galore

  It is mid October and I have just finished making a gaggle of Christmas ornaments in preparation for the holidays: There are reindeers, pa...